It is nearly new year’s day and I guess now is the time to consider what we would like to change about our lives to make it better. In this blog post, we discuss 48 new years’ resolutions to help you improve your life.
48 New Years Resolutions Ideas
- Change your job or learn skills to be able to change your job.
- Make it a goal to exercise and improve your physical health (this also improves your mental health).
- Stop paying any attention to people who pull you or others down, they don’t deserve any acknowledgment.
- Don’t listen to the doubters.
- BELIEVE in yourself.
- ENJOY your life more, do things you know you enjoy.
- Learn a new skill.
- Practice some artwork, even if you think you can’t draw, EVERYONE can create art, it doesn’t need to necessarily be like a photograph, art is an expression of your own thoughts, look for lessons in modern art/abstract art. Expressing yourself is important.
- Take singing lessons.
- Look at your diet and improve the quality of what you are putting into your body.
- Distance yourself from people who make you feel bad.
- Travel more. Even if only to the neighboring city you have never been, travel broadens your mind and shrinks the effect of negativity from others.
10 More New Years Resolution Ideas
- Listen to more positive music and avoid artists that use negative lyrics.
- Buy some new clothes that make you feel more confident.
- Practice meditation, maybe find a Buddhist center to also get to know more people. Meditation helps you have a clearer and more at peace mind.
- Explore alternative therapies. It can be a great experience just to try something new and also bring healing.
- Stop judging others. Just accept people for who they are, it is difficult at times but trying to be tolerant of others will bring you peace.
- Don’t eat fast food. It is bad for your health, physical and mental.
- Reduce your sugar intake. There is no health benefit to sugar and can cause depression.
- Learn a martial art. Learning how to protect yourself and get fit can help you become more confident.
- Replace alcohol with fruit juices and water.
- STOP being hard on yourself, we have all made mistakes.
Next 22 New Years Resolutions
- Keep believing in love even if you have been hurt. You can find your soul mate on any number of dating websites. Having someone to share your life and moments with can help improve your mood.
- Get more sleep. Make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night. It is important for your mental well-being.
- Start a savings account or ISA for your future. Even just putting $50 a month into a savings account will give you $600 by the end of the year. The sooner you start, the less you will need to save in the future.
- Reconnect with old friends. I am sure they will be glad to hear from you.
- Learn a language and spread your horizons. I used Babbel.com and actually ended up visiting Colombia on my own.
- Set down a budget. Identify areas you can live without, cook cheaper meals. This will help you spend money on things you really want, like traveling.
- Be more adventurous. Why not make your new years’ resolutions something challenging. Take a risk and do something you have never done before even if it is simply going for a long walk on your own, it is a mini adventure!
- Stop being fooled by marketing. Don’t buy the latest iPhone, buy another brand, some of them work even better than the most ‘appealing’ phone in the eyes of society.
- Start a YouTube channel or blog. Expressing yourself can be good for your health and also help you connect with others with similar thinking. Feel free to blog here if you want! 🙂
- Worry less. Nothing bad really happens, even the worst thing you think will happen never usually does.
More New Years Resolutions
- Get help if you haven’t. Maybe this is the year to accept you need help from others, there is no shame in that, we all need a hand sometimes.
- See your family more. The family are the people who will stand by you no matter what happens, make sure to make an effort to see them or heal wounds that may exist.
- Explore Culture. Visit art galleries, go to the theatre, see concerts. It can really bring a new perspective on life.
- Increase your water intake. Do you drink the recommended amount?
- Turn the TV off and do something else. It is easy to sit down in front of the TV and relax but imagine how satisfying it would be to learn a new skill. Or doing something different for a change? Why not consider using your time more wisely.
- Learn Mindfulness. Mindfulness can be great to find extra peace of mind no matter what is going on around you.
- Stop stalking the ex’s on social media. It is time to move on with your life and meet someone else, don’t compare your life to theirs it will only make you feel bad.
- Use social media less. This can help you feel better instantly and more resourceful with your time. Maybe try living without facebook for a whole week!
- Get a pet. They can be great mood lifters.
- Consider starting a business in something you are interested in. Sooner you start, the sooner it can possibly be a success.
Yet More New Years Resolution Ideas
- Read More.
- Don’t share negative stories, only positive ones.
- Rid yourself of enemies. Forgive those who hurt you and apologize for any wrong you did.
- Create a bucket list. Skydive, bungee jump, scuba dive. Then start crossing them off!
- Keep a journal. It can be helpful to see how your life changes as the weeks go by rather than feeling its just another day.
- Try to reduce chronic stress. If things are too stressful take some time out, spend more time in calm surroundings.
Whatever your new years’ resolutions I really hope the next year can be one of your best yet! By having a new year’s resolution you are getting into the practice of setting goals. By having goals you are heading towards an improvement in life. I hope whatever you choose to make your new year’s goal your year is a good one!